Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Creativity and New Media

I decided to give the game Second Life a go. This game fosters creativity by allowing you to customize your character and identity however you like. You start off by choosing an initial avatar, and there is an option to be a vampire if you're not satisfied with just being a person. Once you're in the game you can further individualize yourself by changing your avatar, selecting different clothes to wear and modifying your facial features. Second Life allows its users to create any unique identity with hundreds of customization options.

Here is a screenshot of my avatar flying above the city.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I tried using Second Life for my blog assignment but ended up using another website, I couldn't really get the hang of it! Your avatar looks very real and it is awesome that you are able to create unique identities to your own avatar. It makes it interesting having hundreds of customization options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the site Second Life to create your own avatar. I checked the site and it looks really interesting! Second Life is the largest 3D virtual world created entirely by its users. I like the suite you chose for your avatar and it looks real. People can get connected by joining groups, events, forums and destination guide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this before! Looks very interesting and it definitely allows you to be creative. Your avatar looks real and I think its really cool you can be a vampire too if you want. Makes it more exciting.

    ReplyDelete